Wednesday, May 26

Daily Writing ... too tough?

At the start of the month I set myself the task of writing on a daily basis.

It has now been 17 days since I started, and today's post will be number 10 since the resurrection of this blog (I originally started it 2-3 years back).

Now I make no attempt to hide the fact that I'm a big fan of numbers and statistics and analysing things (perhaps too much, but more on that later). So basically I'm a self confessed stat-whore, so I figured what better to write about than some numbers...

So this is post #10 in 17 days, so thats roughly 1.7 days per post or a post every 1 day 16 hours 50 minutes, a post every 147,000 seconds.

Including this post, I've written 2,827 words, which is an average of 282.7 words per post and approximately 6.92 words per hour (assuming a full 17 days).

Now while I may not have actually succeeded in writing each and every day, I have at least started writing a bit more frequently and hopefully my posts improve with time and practice

and now I will have to think of a way to measure post quality... (any suggestions ?)

No comments: