Wednesday, January 12

Nuclear Fission (or when 1 become 2)

Unfortunately, again it has been quite some time since my last blog update... and even then my recent thoughts committed to "paper" have been my rather interesting experiences with my camera purchase... (if you're interested in the story it starts here and here is part two and then there was part three here and then finally part four here)

I'm not quite sure how to write it, but at around the same time my partner of the last six years ended our relationship, what does any of this have to do with Nuclear Fission you ask?

Well it's been quite a distressful time for me and I've probably not coped very well to be honest, but something that came to mind was how in nature when you force something apart, there's usually a very violent and powerful reaction...

Just like the reaction that powers Nuclear Bombs with their devastating capacity to do harm so too the end of the relationship started a very powerful reaction that nearly ended with as much violence as the aforementioned chemical reaction...

Since then I have tried to recover from my emotional Chernobyl and there has certainly been some good days and some bad days...

I have recently taken up regular exercise, in an attempt to:
a) get fit & healthy
b) lose the small (but very annoying) belly fat that has started to accumulate
c) release natural Endorphins (see this)

I think when you go running, (at least for me anyway) there's a certain point where you know you've pushed yourself so hard that you're physically exhausted and feel like you might just fall over and die, (okay so that's probably just me) and when I get to that point I'll embrace it... because when you're right there on the edge of oblivion... nothing else really matters... The single voice of reason drowning out all others is just BREATHE! or possibly PLEASE STOP RUNNING NOW K?

So that's kind of where I am at, at the moment... I'm not entirely sure if that is a good or a bad thing but I think I'll keep running anyway...

No comments: